The IPAF MEWPs for Managers Course covers all the steps supervisors or managers need to take in order to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) within their control.
The course lasts one day and is classroom based. We can deliver the course on site, at your premises or within our dedicated training facility. IPAF MEWPs for Managers is about planning, supervising and effectively managing the use of powered access machinery and ends with a written test.
Topics covered include:
- MEWP-related health and safety regulations
- Accident prevention and control
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Pre-use checks and maintenance
On successful completion of the IPAF MEWPs for Managers course, delegates will:
- be aware of current and relevant Health and Safety legislation,
- be aware of the different types and classifications of MEWPs,
- be aware of the importance of correct machine selection for the task at hand,
- select the correct PPE for the operator, and
- have better knowledge and awareness of the safe use and operation of MEWPs