The IPAF Instructor course trains and assesses an instructor to understand the delivery of the IPAF training programme. It also assesses their knowledge on a range of MEWP machines and their ability to convey information to candidates.
2 Cousins’ class sizes are kept small so that we can pay particular attention to delegates’ needs. IPAF Instructor courses generally last five days and are a mixture of theory and practice, with a written and a practical test.
The IPAF Instructor course involves an initial assessment (1 day), coursework (2 days), individual presentations (1 day) and a final exam (1 day). Any TWO of the MEWPs listed below can be covered.
Upon successful completion of IPAF Instructor, Training 4 Safety delegates receive a PAL Instructor Card (Powered Access Licence) valid for 5 years, a safety guide, a log book and a certificate.
Categories of MEWP equipment covered by our course include:
- Static Vertical (1a)
- Static Boom (1b)
- Mobile Vertical (3a)
- Mobile Boom (3b)
- Push Around Vertical (PAV)
- Specialist machines (SPECIAL)
Delegates on the IPAF Instructors course will learn:
- how to instruct on set categories of equipment,
- all about the IPAF Operator courses,
- all about the IPAF Operator practical testing procedures,
- how to deliver theory presentation,
- about the IPAF Demonstrator course, and
- about the IPAF Demonstrator practical testing procedures